Saturday, April 7, 2012

Introductions



I'm Kel, a wife, a step-mom, a daughter, a twin, a sister, a lesbian, and hopefully a mom-to-be someday... I came from a small rural community, raised by two parents, who are actually still together and seemingly normal, if there is such a thing. I have two siblings: a twin brother and a half brother. Both of my parents are in the social work field, and like many children I found myself falling into those same footsteps. I currently work for an organization as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker and provide counseling to community members. 


For the duration of this blog I'll be referring to my wife as J, and my step-daughter as H. Here's a little info about them as well.


J is a mom, a wife, a lesbian, a daughter, a sister, an aunt, and my co-parent in this journey. She grew up in a small town, with two parents who are still together and three younger siblings.  She is a pediatric nurse.  She is the biological mom to my step-daughter H, who was conceived during a prior relationship.  So H is a lucky girl with two mom's and two step-moms who love her very much. H is almost five and truly believes she's part of Disney's Royal Family! We have ourselves a little princess diva with this one. 


J and I met just over 3 years ago.  We knew from the beginning we were meant for each other.  We were legally married in the "great state of New York" on August 5, 2011, while on vacation.  We had an official ceremony in Hawaii, with all of our family and some friends on January 14, 2012.  H was just 19 months old when we met, so we have been co-parenting together practically from the start.  From the beginning we knew we wanted to add to our little family, and I always knew I wanted to have the opportunity to carry a baby, so welcome to our TTC story.

No comments:

Post a Comment